Current:Home > reviewsPoinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Wealthify
Poinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-06 17:29:32
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Poinbank which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (32312)
Related
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Angelia Jolie’s Ex-Husband Jonny Lee Miller Says He Once Jumped Out of a Plane to Impress Her
- Matthew Morrison Reveals He Was Quitting Glee Before Cory Monteith's Death
- The Best Luxury Bed Sheets That Are So Soft and Irresistible, You’ll Struggle to Get Out of Bed
- Meta donates $1 million to Trump’s inauguration fund
- Skier dies, 2 others injured after falling about 1,000 feet in Alaska avalanche: They had all the right gear
- Calling history: Meet Peacock's play-by-play broadcaster for Caitlin Clark's historic game
- A Florida man was imprisoned 37 years for a murder he didn’t commit. He’s now expected to get $14M
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- John Calipari's middling Kentucky team may be college basketball's most interesting story
Ranking
- Daughter of Utah death row inmate navigates complicated dance of grief and healing before execution
- You'll Swoon Over Millie Bobby Brown and Jake Bongiovi's Valentine's Day Date
- 16-year-old boy arrested in NYC subway shooting that killed 1 and wounded 5
- In a first, Oscar-nominated short ‘The Last Repair Shop’ to air on broadcast television
- Hidden Home Gems From Kohl's That Will Give Your Space a Stylish Refresh for Less
- Angelia Jolie’s Ex-Husband Jonny Lee Miller Says He Once Jumped Out of a Plane to Impress Her
- Los Angeles firefighters injured in explosion of pressurized cylinders aboard truck
- Steph Curry vs. Sabrina Ionescu to face off in 3-point contest during NBA All-Star weekend
Recommendation
New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
Los Angeles firefighters injured in explosion of pressurized cylinders aboard truck
Pennsylvania mom convicted of strangling 11-year-old son, now faces life sentence
John Calipari's middling Kentucky team may be college basketball's most interesting story
A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
As credit report errors climb, advocates urge consumers to conduct credit checkups
Russia court sentences American David Barnes to prison on sexual abuse claims dismissed by Texas authorities
Amy Schumer Responds to Criticism of Her “Puffier” Face